Service for Alfa Laval Compabloc
Alfa Laval Compabloc is the champion of heat exchange: a proven, efficient solution for duties with tough media, pressure or temperature demands. Each Compabloc is also backed by the market’s only supplier with deep process knowledge and a global network of experienced experts. Energy-efficient and reliable technology, along with a partner you can count on for the long haul – that’s how you improve sustainability.
Ten top tips to keep your Compabloc in tip top condition
Ensure the Compabloc is properly installed. Contact Alfa Laval for support with installation, commissioning and start-up.
Open and close valves slowly to avoid water hammer from pressure surges during start-up and shutdown.
Make sure that the unit is properly vented. For large units, the vent connections should be kept opened and connected.
Check that the control system complies with the Compabloc manual to ensure stable operation and smooth temperature and pressure ramp up during start-up or shutdown. We suggest you contact Alfa Laval to train your operators for optimum and reliable operations.
Monitor the heat exchanger's performance and pressure drop proactively in order to better plan cleaning and maintenance. This will enable you to further improve the sustainability of the system. Alfa Laval can support you with a Performance Assessment that will determine the optimal cleaning intervals for your specific conditions.
Use a cleaning method that is optimized according to the nature of your heat exchanger's duty. Alfa Laval's service experts can help you determine and implement the best practices for cleaning your unit.
Change the panel gaskets every time you open the panels. Alfa Laval recommends that you keep a set of genuine spares designed for your unit in stock, so you can always be ready for maintenance.
Always grease the bolts of the heat exchanger after performing maintenance so that the unit is ready for the next maintenance interval.
Flush and/or drain your Compabloc in the case of a long shutdown. Double-check the tightening torque of all panels bolts before re-starting operation.
Take advantage of any planned shutdown period to check the actual state of your Compabloc. This will help you avoid unplanned stops. With a Condition Audit service, our experts can do this for you on location.
Case story: Smart maintenance planning for proactive uptime
Alfa Laval works closely with an Arabian customer who produces oil and natural gas through a series of giant offshore platforms. The customer’s operation is complex and includes processing, storing and exporting extracted hydrocarbons. Securing high uptime is therefore critical, but that complexity and the remote location of their facilities also create challenges for routine equipment maintenance.
Meet our team of service experts
Condition audit services for Compabloc
Emergency stock services for Compabloc
ALOnsite - Qualified support at your facility
Select an option below to learn more about the service offerings for Compabloc
Installation and commissioning
To get the best performance from your new Compabloc, it is important to make sure that the unit is properly installed and that the start-up goes smoothly. In addition to that we can offer you:
- Optimized performance for maximum thermal efficiency
- Reliable operation with high uptime
- Compliance with the highest industry standards for safety
- A long equipment lifecycle with low total cost of ownership
Performance assessment & audit
By checking the heat exchanger performance vs the optimal performance, Alfa Laval can help you define a preventative maintenance plan according to the specific conditions of your plant and processes. Additional benefits are:
- Optimized service intervals to meet your process requirements
- Reduced energy costs thanks to improved thermal efficiency and lower pressure drop
- Better planning to give you full control of production uptime and your maintenance budget
- Improved sustainability in your processes with longer life for your equipment
A condition audit from trained Alfa Laval professionals gives you detailed insight into the mechanical integrity of your Compabloc unit, as well as the service and support needed to correct any potential issues. Get greater control over your processes by:
- Extending the life of your Compabloc and protecting your investment
- Restoring unit performance to achieve optimal thermal efficiency
- Preventing unplanned shutdowns to minimize maintenance costs
- Ensuring you know the true condition of your equipment
Alfa Laval keeps a supply of complete blocks for a variety of Compabloc models at our factory in France. These can be rapidly shipped to your facility in the unlikely event of an equipment emergency. A service designed to give the very best in peace of mind:
- Get up and running again as fast as possible
- Minimize the cost of unplanned production stops
- Ensure you have a plan in place even in the case of unlikely events
- Identify potential process issues that could cause challenges in the future
Proper cleaning restores your Compabloc to its optimal condition, ensuring you get maximum thermal efficiency and heat recovery. Together, we find the optimal cleaning solution based on your specific unit and how you use it. Added peace of mind, thanks to:
- Safe and effective cleaning that will not damage the equipment
- Improved efficiency and reduced energy consumption
- Prevention of damage due to corrosion or pressure drop
- Easier and quicker maintenance and repair
Exclusive Stock gives you a private reserve of original spare Compabloc parts – available solely for your use and ready for same-day shipment. This programme ensures true peace of mind with maximized productivity and minimized costs, thanks to:
- The highest uptime, with original parts available at all times
- Elimination of warehousing, labour and administrative costs
- Improved asset control and maintenance planning
- Defined costs to avoid unexpected maintenance expenses
If you ever encounter a performance challenge or unexplained phenomenon while operating your Compabloc unit, we can connect you with one of our trained and experienced troubleshooters who will suggest solutions and offer suggestions for further process improvements. This will help you to:
- Maximize uptime by identifying issues that may cause unplanned shutdowns
- Increase production through process optimization
- Improve safety by preventing hazardous situations
- Reduce maintenance costs through an audit of processes
|Troubleshooting Assistance tool|
Alfa Laval offers both standard and customized training programmes. A mix of practical, theoretical and do-it-yourself courses, along with expert instruction from trained Alfa Laval engineers. Our training programmes will give more competent and engaged employees and provide long-term benefits such as:
- Correct equipment handling that ensures higher uptime
- Improved safety levels and higher equipment reliability
- Reduced service and maintenance needs through proactive actions
- Cost-saving guidance from knowledgeable staff members
Only Alfa Laval genuine spare parts designed specifically for your equipment can return your heat exchanger to its original condition and give you full assurance of dependable uptime. With fast, worldwide delivery, we are always here to make sure you get the part you need, when you need it. Using genuine Alfa Laval spares will ensure:
- The best continued thermal fit for your duty and application
- Increased uptime and high productivity
- A longer equipment lifespan thanks to longer lasting components
- Reduced cost of ownership over the total lifespan of your equipment
Talk to a service expert
Whether it’s about routine support or finding solutions to complex challenges, our team of service experts is there to help you out.
Qualified support at your facility - True onsite service by skilled engineers, anywhere in the world.